Thursday, October 9, 2008

Upsy Daisy

When my September Stampin' Success magazine came in the mail last month, there was a great card on the cover that I knew I wanted to CASE. The original card was a tad bit smaller (4 1/2" x 4 1/2" I think) but I have this thing about cards filling up their envelopes. If I'm sending a card in a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" envelope, I like for the card to be 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". Its a little weird, I know, but it bugs me to have a smaller card floating around in a big envelope. I wanted to keep the proportions of the original card, so instead of just making the Kiwi Kiss card base bigger, I mounted the main layer on to a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White card base.

The main flower image is from the Upsy Daisy stamp set. Since a number of my greetings/sentiments stamp sets were retired this Summer and I am slowly replacing them, I had to pull out an oldie-but-goodie for this card. Its from the Much Appreciated stamp set. This is my all time favorite thank you sentiment - I love the font! You can't really tell it from this picture, but instead of grosgrain ribbon I used Chocolate Chip poly-twill from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I was really disappointed that poly-twill didn't make it in to the big catalog. My fingers are crossed for the Spring-Summer edition!

This is probaby one of my favorite color combinations using the 2008-2009 In Colors. Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, and Chocolate Chip are FABULOUS together! I especially love this combo for Christmas cards. (NOTE: there are a couple of collections of Designer Series Paper that use this exact combo!) I think I'm completely addicted to Kiwi Kiss. You know, I thought it couldn't get any better than Certainly Celery. Then came Wild Wasabi and I fell in LOVE. I was heartbroken when it came time to say good-bye. Now there is Kiwi Kiss and I can't seem to put it down!!! I'm normally more drawn to blues, but now I'm goin' GREEN!

No comments: