Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rock Star Card Elements Kit

One of the products new to the Fall-Winter Idea Book and Catalog is the Card Elements Kit. Each kit features coordinating cardstock, patterned paper, die cut images, embellishments and instructions for two or three different cards. I love the idea of the kits so I added a two of them to my first catalog order.

For this card, I chose to break out the Rock Star kit. I have to admit, this kit uses a color combo that is definitely out of my comfort zone. I love Bashful Blue and Old Olive, but I rarely pull out the Brilliant Blue and More Mustard. But, since the patterned paper and the die cut images are already coordinated, it was a little easier to branch out!

I found this layout in a recent Stampin' Success magazine. It was actually used on a Christmas card, but I thought that it would work well with the Rock Star kit as well! For the circles I used my circle punches as well as my Coluzzle.

The "random" placement of the circles on the card front is actually anything BUT random. I guess its my mild case of OCD that kicked in, but it took me nearly 10 minutes to figure out how to place each circle!

In celebration of National Cardmaking Day (which was Oct 4), Stampin' Up! is running a special on all Card Elements and Simply Sent kits. Contact me if you're interested in trying out one of these kits!

No comments: