Monday, September 24, 2007

A New Post......finally!

Between reconstructing my craft room, my monthly stamp camps, and LIFE, I haven't had a whole lot of time to update here. Well, things have calmed down a bit (for now, atleast) so I have some goodies to share with all of you!

This is a cute little pocket card that I did for a Holiday Swap hosted by Corie. I got the pattern for the card from Splitcoast -I think its the Criss-Cross Card? Anyway, I used Cerise patterned paper for each of the sides and the belly band. The seam of the band is covered up by the scalloped circle punch. (The Very Vanilla cardstock doesn't wrap around the card because I didn't have any 12" x 12")

The insert is Very Vanilla matted on to Real Red. You can't see it in this picture, but I stamped the swirly image from the Priceless set in the bottom right corner of the insert using my Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad. I used the double slot punch/ribbon punch to punch two holes in the top of the matted insert and I threaded Old Olive 5/8" ribbon through for a faux knot.

All in all, I think this turned out SUPER cute. Not sure that I would use it for my Christmas cards - you'd probably need extra postage for this heavy baby!!!

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely criss cross card, just found your blog, you are very talented if you don't mind adding you to my google reader

Lori Barnett said...

Hey Amanda.....LUCKY ME that I was in group 3 and got one of these TOTALLY CUTE cards!!! Could you please send me the instructions or where I can find them at :) This card is amazing and I'm gonna make some as soon as I get instructions! Didn't you just LOVE all the cards we got!! This was my first swap and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I just need to find a swap going on somewhere! :)